WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Distillery Historic District offers a unique and beautiful setting for personal photography, commercial photography and filming. It is important to note that The Distillery District is private property and access can be revoked at any time.
Note: Drone operation in The Distillery Historic District is strictly prohibited.
Wedding, Engagement, and Professional Family Photography – Permit Required
Permits for wedding, engagement and professional family photography may be purchased in advance by APPLYING HERE. Photo Permits are $500+HST and must be purchased in advance. Permits are non-refundable.
- This permit is for photography only and does not include videography.
- This permit is not valid for any commercial photography/videography.
- Permits are valid for up to two (2) consecutive hours.
- No stand alone props or equipment are permitted, we allow handheld props only.
- Photo Permits are valid only in the outdoor areas of The Distillery Historic District, and do not allow for photography inside shops, restaurants, entryways, exits, other businesses, or on restaurant patios.
- Photography must not block pedestrian flow around the site or into residences or businesses.
- Applicants are required to agree with our “Terms & Conditions.”
- Please be aware that event staff or security may ask your party to move at any time. Be mindful that The Distillery District is a lively neighbourhood, and that many other activities may be going on during your shoot.
- Permits are virtual and your proof of purchase e-mail can be shown to The Distillery District’s security personnel on the day of the shoot.
Commercial and Professional Photography/Filming – Permit Required
Portraiture, photos for professional use (i.e. commercial shoots, advertising, events, and the like), and any production videography for commercial purpose require a permit in advance. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in obtaining a commercial photo permit. Note: Commercial photo permits are not available in November & December.
Casual Use – No Permit Required
Casual snapshots taken by visitors as memories, souvenirs, or for personal use (excluding wedding, engagement, or professional photography) to share on social media may be taken at any time and do not require any permission or permits. We love seeing all the beautiful photography shared by the community. Please tag us with @DistilleryTO and #DistilleryTO and we may re-share your content. Please note, no stand alone props or equipment are permitted, we allow handheld props only.