CHOOSE FROM A RICH COLLECTION OF WORLD CLASS EVENTS
THE DISTILLERY LOCAL MARKET
The Distillery Local Market will take place every Saturday and Sunday until October 9th, 2022, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm, rain or shine.
The Distillery Local Market features unique, local, and artisanal products presented by vendors who can engage our community and speak knowledgeably about the products they create and sell. Our focus is primarily on local producers and products, preferably produced within southern Ontario, though exceptions can be made for items of outstanding quality or interest.
Please note: We do not accept applications submitted in person, via mail, or by any other method. Only those submitted via the online form will be considered.
The Distillery Local Market is interested in hosting the following products:
- Flowers and plants
- Handmade unique goods
- Fresh produce including fruits and vegetables
The Distillery Local Market does not feature the following:
- Mass-produced products
- Imported products
- Vendors must commit to a term, and attend The Distillery Local Market for that term, rain or shine
- When accepted, vendors will be provided an assigned space which must adhere to The Distillery District’s visual standards of cleanliness, professionalism
- Vendor décor and signage must be approved by The Distillery District in advance of visiting the site
- Vendors must carry their own insurance, as they will not be covered by The Distillery Historic District’s insurance
- Vendors will be responsible for their own expenses including insurance, parking, and transportation.
- All sales must be made through the provided merchant services terminal. A portion of vendor sales will be collected and retained by The Distillery Local Market, with the remainder of the sales provided to the vendor on a weekly basis.
The Distillery Local Market provides accepted vendors with:
- An outdoor space and market cart
- Advertising via our website, social media, and other online or print listings
- Merchant services terminal (POS system)
The Distillery Local Market does not provide:
- Electrical hookups
- Water hookups
- Storage space
BUSKING AT THE DISTILLERY DISTRICT
The Distillery District is a unique and beautiful venue for Buskers to showcase their talents and ingenuity to visitors and passers-by. The Distillery District is private property, and Buskers may not perform on-site without a valid Busking Permit.
You must provide a video of your live performance. We do not conduct live auditions.
Permits will be issued to Buskers who are determined to enhance the programming and atmosphere of The Distillery Historic District.
Permits must be visible at all times when you are performing within the Distillery Historic District. Buskers are not required to pay a fee for their permit, and may keep the proceeds from their hat and/or merchandise sales that relate directly to their act.
When Can I Perform?
All Buskers must receive approval from management in advance of any performances and receive a Busker Permit. Buskers must check-in with Security at the Gatehouse at 55 Mill Street before performing, and pick up their Busker Permit.
If you have a Distillery District Busker Permit, you may perform at any time between 10:00am and 8:00pm, unless there is a festival or other outdoor event scheduled. Please check our Event Calendar for upcoming events and festivals. If you would like to perform during a specific festival or event, please contact email@example.com to see if there are any busking opportunities.
Where can I perform?
Buskers may not perform in any place that blocks access to buildings or interferes with the day-to-day operations of residences, offices, or businesses in The Distillery District. Buskers may be required to move their pitch at any time by Distillery Security or other Distillery Staff at their discretion.
Buskers may perform in the following places:
- On Gristmill Lane, near the large sculpture (no amplification)
- On Gristmill Lane, near Arvo (no amplification)
- In Trinity Square
- On Trinity Street, north of Tank House Lane
- On Tank House Lane, by the Love Lock sign
- Performances may be electronically amplified, but must be kept at a reasonable volume and turned down if requested.
- Buskers must be polite and professional at all times; belligerent or disrespectful behaviour to Staff, Security, patrons, residents, or business owners will not be tolerated.
- Buskers must adhere to the Distillery District’s Code of Conduct (below).
Distillery District Code of Conduct
- Your event/work or symbols therein appearing on The Distillery District grounds will not promote the hatred or derision of any group.
- Your event/work is not an organized protest or political demonstration nor affiliated with such of any kind.
- Your event/work will not cause and is not intended to cause unreasonable danger to the health and safety of the public.
- Your event/work will not cause and is not intended to cause action which could incite violence.
- The desecration of flags or other national symbols is strictly prohibited.
- Your event/work appearing on The Distillery District grounds shall be consistent with the principle of respect for the dignity and worth of all persons.
- You understand that no activities of any sort in relation to your event/work or its requirements are permitted to take place inside, on the patios, or in the entrance ways/door ways of any Distillery District tenants, shops, restaurants or spaces unless explicitly invited by the lessees of those spaces.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.