CHOOSE FROM A RICH COLLECTION OF WORLD CLASS EVENTS
Every Sunday, rain or shine, May 26 – mid October, noon – 5pm
Vendor Applications for the 2019 Distillery Sunday Market are now open – please click this link to fill out our application form.
We do not accept applications submitted in person, via mail, or by any other method. Only those submitted via the above form will be considered.
The Distillery Sunday Market is Toronto’s best-curated weekly Market.
Featuring unique, local, and artisanal products presented by vendors who can engage our community and speak knowledgeably about the products they create and sell, our focus is on primary producers where possible, and products will preferably have been produced within 100 miles of the City of Toronto, though exceptions may be made for items of outstanding quality or interest.
The Distillery Sunday Market does not feature the following:
- Mass-produced products
- Imported products
- Products produced more than 100 miles from the Distillery District
Some of the products that we are interested in hosting include:
- Honey and Maple Syrup
- Cut Flowers and Plants (especially those suitable for condos)
- Vegetables, Fruits, Greens, and Grains
- Preserves, Dressings, and Condiments
- Artisan Goods and Vintage Items
- Gluten-Free, Vegan, or other specialty diet products
- Pet products (treats, accessories, etc.)
- Costs: Accepted vendors will be provided with a 10’x10′ space at no charge.
- Vendors will be responsible for their own costs, including insurance, parking, and transportation.
- Vendor applications will be subject to a jury process to ensure that all participants support the vision of the Distillery Sunday Market
- Vendors must commit to a term, and attend the Distillery Sunday Market for that term, rain or shine
- When accepted, Vendors will be assigned a 10’x10’ space; larger spaces may be made available on special request
- Vendor tents must be approved by the Outdoor Events Coordinator (no rips or tears, no logos unless they represent the Vendor’s wares, etc.)
- Vendor tents must adhere to visual standards of cleanliness, professionalism
- Vendors must carry their own insurance, as they will not be covered by The Distillery Historic District’s insurance.
Distillery Sunday MarketThe Distillery Sunday Market Provides:
- A 10’x 10′ space for accepted vendors
- Advertising via our website, social media, and other online listings
- Weekly musical buskers to add atmosphere
The Distillery Sunday Market does not provide:
- Electrical hookups
- Water hookups
- Storage space for tents, tables, or goods
The Distillery District is a unique and beautiful venue for Buskers to showcase their talents and ingenuity to visitors and passers-by.
The Distillery District is private property, and Buskers may not perform on-site without a Distillery Busking Permit.
Distillery District Busker Policy
Fill out our online Busker Permit Application here..
You must provide a video of your live performance. We do not conduct live auditions.
Permits will be issued to Buskers who are determined to enhance the programming and atmosphere of the Distillery historic District.
Permits must be visible at all times when you are performing within the Distillery Historic District.
Buskers are not required to pay a fee for their permit, and may keep the proceeds from their hat and/or merch sales that relate directly to their act.
If you are an international Busker on tour, please fill out the application form and also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
International Buskers are subject to the same process and rules as Canadian Buskers, but the process can be expedited for those on a tight schedule.
Busking at the Distillery Historic District – photo by Anna ToazeWhen can I perform?
Buskers must check-in with Security at the Gatehouse at 55 Mill Street before performing.
If you have a Distillery District Busker Permit, you may perform at any time between 10am and 8pm, unless there is a festival or other outdoor event scheduled.
Please check our Event Calendar for upcoming events and festivals.
If you would like to perform during a festival or event, please contact email@example.com to see if there are any busking opportunities.
Where can I perform?
Buskers may not perform in any place that blocks access to buildings or interferes with the day-to-day operations of residences, offices, or businesses in the Distillery District.
Buskers may be required to move their pitch at any time by Security or other Distillery Staff at their discretion.
Buskers may perform in the following pitches:
- On Gristmill Lane, near the sculpture ‘It’ (No amplification)
- On Gristmill Lane, near the west end of Cafe Uno’s patio (No amplification)
- In Trinity Square, near the sculpture ‘Still Dancing’
- On Trinity Street, north of Tank House LaneOn Tank House Lane, opposite the Corkin Gallery
Busking at the Distillery Historic District are there any other rules?
Performances may be electronically amplified, but must be kept at a reasonable volume and turned down if requested.
Buskers must be polite and professional at all times; belligerent or disrespectful behaviour to Staff, Security, patrons, residents, or business owners will not be tolerated.
Buskers must adhere to the Distillery District’s Code of Conduct (below).
Distillery District Code of Conduct
Your event/work or symbols therein appearing on The Distillery District grounds will not promote the hatred or derision of any group.
Your event/work is not an organized protest or political demonstration nor affiliated with such of any kind.
Your event/work will not cause and is not intended to cause unreasonable danger to the health and safety of the public.
Your event/work will not cause and is not intended to cause action which could incite violence.
The desecration of flags or other national symbols is strictly prohibited.
Your event/work appearing on The Distillery District grounds shall be consistent with the principle of respect for the dignity and worth of all persons.
You understand that no activities of any sort in relation to your event/work or its requirements are permitted to take place inside, on the patios, or in the entrance ways/door ways of any Distillery District tenants, shops, restaurants or spaces unless explicitly invited by the lessees of those spaces.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.